BrainLit Elven™ is a fixed installation system which promotes well-being using BioCentric Lighting™ in any professional environment. The system functionality adds up to a considerable complexity, considering a combination of luminaires from our luminaire portfolio, users and sensors, putting significant requirements on system and algorithm capability, optimization, latency and accuracy. The system scales effortlessly and allows full user flexibility.
Scalability using one or more LCSs gives flexibility. A system that channels a variety of data with demand for granularity and precision needs to be structured and deigned in a way where increased size does not translate into increased complexity. From a deployment and maintenance perspective over time and across a variety of customer types and applications, it is necessary to have a system that scales effortlessly.
A common way to interconnect several LCSs and user control devices is by ethernet cable. To obtain flexibility in connecting system components with a variation in type and installation method several options needs to coexist. The BCL system network needs to rely on flexible, well established, generic protocols providing high security and performance.
- One Light Control System (LCS) can manage up to 64 luminaires.
- Additional extension adds up to 128 luminaries
- Power and access to internet required
- Use in e.g. single room
- Several LCSs can be connected to a cluster
- Only one of the LCS’s needs to be connected to the internet for light recipe updates and real time calibration
- The system can operate on a stand-alone basis or be controlled by a BCLTM Management System
- Use in e.g. single floor or single building
- Multiple Building LCSs can form and interact as one BCL™ Network System
- The “BCL™ Net” can be monitored and controlled by a central Network Light Control System
- The ”BCL™ Net” is completely decentralized and offers unlimited scalability, control and flexibility
- Use in e.g. campuses and large companies
Installation without disrupting your business
Plug and play
To give you an idea of our plug-and-play thinking, here’s a brief on how the system is connected. The standard WAGO installation (not in the US), not requiring electrical certification, of both LCS Generation 1 and 2 is using WAGO extension cables with WAGO Winsta quick connectors and WAGO split boxes to simplify the installation. This connection will distribute both power and Dali communication to the luminaries. Both daisy-chain and star or a combination can be used for this and the and WAGO split boxes enables both. Keypads and sensors are using a 4-wire cable (shielded cable) that is connected from device to device to the LCS. The LCS is using an ethernet cable to connect to internet direct or through a router/switch. Also, the touchpad and other peripherals as sensors are using ethernet to connect to the LCS.
The alternative terminal installation, requiring electrical certification, of both LCS Generation 1 and LCS Generation 2, is using normal electrical power cabling. A 3-pole power cable is required to connect the LCS and luminaires to power. Therafter, a 2-pole power cable is required to connect the Dali communication between the LCS and the luminaires. Both daisy-chain and star, or a combination, can be used for this.
Keypads and sensors are using a 4-wire cable (and shield cable) that is connected from device to device to the LCS. The LCS is using ethernet cable to connect to internet direct or through a router/switch. Also, the touchpad and other peripherals as sensors are using ethernet to connect to the LCS.