BrainLit was founded in 2012 in Lund, Sweden, by Tord Wingren, one of the inventors of Bluetooth technology. The company provides healthy environments by recreating daylight and personally adapted indoors light (BioCentric Lighting™). To date, the company has established BioCentric Lighting™ environments for more than 20,000 employees of customers all over the world. BioCentric Lighting™ is the basis of the company’s solution, resting on firmly established research and based on are strongly focusing on growth. BrainLit’s headquarter in Lund, Sweden and subsidiaries in New York and Helsinki, Finland.
At BrainLit we foster a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange and make sure every employee gets an opportunity to grow within the company. All according to our values: Innovation, Surpassing expectations, and Integrity.
As a business development summer intern, you will…
- Work remotely (within continental United States) as part of our small, highly nimble Business Development team in North America.
- This team is responsible for all aspects of sales & marketing within the region.
- Report directly to the head of the North American subsidiary.
- Be treated as an integral part of the team, and fully supported with regular online meetings and with some opportunity to liaise with our international colleagues in Sweden.
- Further, depending upon your location, there could be opportunities to meet at one of our showcase locations in New York City on a regular basis during the program, as well as attend in-person customer meetings.
- The internship program shall be multi-faceted, covering a broad range of responsibilities and exposure, such as:
- Market research
- Event planning and marketing calendar maintenance
- Supporting SEO and other online/digital marketing
- Document creation
- Inside sales and appointment setting with direct clients such as assisted living facilities, educational institutions as well as industry influencers like architects
- General marketing
- Our technology is truly groundbreaking, and you will have exposure to some of the brightest R&D and commercial minds.
- Further, the internship program is structured to provide professional development and networking opportunities.
- We shall provide all support necessary for you to earn academic credit upon completion of this internship.
- Given the pace of growth within BrainLit, there is no reason why high performing interns cannot create a full-time employment opportunity should the appropriate role arise.
You have a self-starter, entrepreneurial mentality and a passion for technology, with a keen interest to move into a business development, sales and/or marketing role upon graduating. You enjoy analyzing information and producing solutions as well as initiating actions and taking responsibility. You are comfortable picking up the phone to set appointments and engage with key decision makers online across various social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn). You have a positive hands-on and proactive attitude and thrive in an agile and innovative environment. You are a first-class organizer and great at planning your work. You can handle multiple stakeholders across an organization and can prioritize your work independently as well as leverage external resources to get a job done.
To thrive in this position, you adapt easily to changes and new ideas and have a strong sense of urgency with attention to detail.
Education, experience and other requirements
- Experience with programs such as Adobe inDesign a plus.
- You must have your own laptop computer and mobile cellular plan for outreach, with all expenses incurred during the internship program will be reimbursed in full on a monthly basis (payment periods also flexible).
- You should be willing to travel periodically (at company expense) within the continental United States should the opportunity arise.
Internship program structure
- Start date is ASAP, for a total duration of ten (10) to twelve (12) weeks, with a possibility to extend further depending on workstream development, and at management discretion. We will also look at short internship periods depending on candidate’s academic schedules.
- Weekly hours: 30-40 hours.
- Payment structure: $15/hour with a discretionary performance-based bonuses available.
Care to join?
These internship positions will be fully remote, but candidates must be based in the continental United States. Please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief cover note detailing why you are interested in this internship. Oliver is available for questions anytime.
We will evaluate the applications on an ongoing basis and therefore appreciate early applications. The start date is ASAP but no later than end of June, 2021.