About the job:
We are looking for Bio Modelling and Algorithm Developers to strengthening our Light Technologies team who is building core technology realizing the company vision of individualized light for health and wellbeing. In this position you will be a team member and a contributor to the development of BioCentric Lighting. The project team is strongly performance driven and directions are based on profound understanding of underlying science. The team drive multiple work packages within the projects in parallel with a strong orientation to innovation, pace, and quality.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To develop mathematical models representing biological systems.
- To turn complex data into concrete value bringing algorithms.
- Data science and big data refinement to mine correlations in multifaceted complex data sets from specialized sensors. Data set combines multiple sensor data types from a variety of sensor categories related to health and light.
- Deep level analysis of scientific results.
- To build algorithms to gain new type of insight from generally available sensor data.
- Big data management including specifying data requirements, storage, routing, and compression of data.
- To take ownership of assigned tasks and progress independently.
- To integrate with and adopt team approach, strategy, and direction.
- To adapt and contribute to the innovative and high pace atmosphere.
- To advice on development direction.
You will be part of a specific project as part of the Lighting Tech team consisting of highly skilled engineers and PhDs in physics and biology.
Education and Experience
You have a multidisciplinary experience within biology, math, and computer science with education at MSc or PhD level. You have 7-10 years’ experiences working with mathematical modelling of biological systems and other relevant areas.
To be successful within the role you need to have prior experience from several of these areas:
- Machine learning, big data, and self-learning systems
- Development of mathematically complex models and algorithms, especially within the following areas; biological systems, sensor data, and Indoor and outdoor positioning.
- Data Science, complex data manipulation, correlation, and management
- Development of algorithm reference models, typically Python or MATLAB
- Development of C# SW applications and UML modelling
- Building software applications to be integrated in software platforms.
- Database and data management
- Mobile application SW and cell phone sensors
- System, data security and GDPR
- Indoor and outdoor positioning solutions
It will also be a merit if you have prior experience of developing product grade software.
As a person you thrive in an agile and innovative environment and can easily adapt to changes and new ideas. You enjoy analyzing information and to produce solutions as well as to initiate actions and take responsibility for what you do. You have a strong sense of urgency and attention to details. You have good communication skills and master Swedish and English in both speech and writing. Since you will be joining a team delivering high-quality solutions it is important that you can work together with others.
Potential career path is primarily seniority within the area with increased level of responsibility in a rapidly expanding environment.
Eager to join?
This full-time position is based at the Head office in Lund (Sweden). For questions regarding application of the position please contact responsible manager Truls Löwgren at email@example.com.
We will evaluate the applications on an ongoing basis and therefore appreciate early applications including a cover letter and your CV. However, the last date to apply will be 30 May 2021.
BrainLit was founded in 2012 in Lund by Tord Wingren, one of the inventors of the Bluetooth technology. The company provides healthy environments by recreating daylight and personally adapted indoors light (BioCentric Lighting™). To date, the company has established BioCentric environments for more than 20.000 employees of customers all over the world. BioCentric Lighting™ is the basis of the company’s solution, resting on firmly established research and based on several patent groups. The vision of BrainLit is to “Improve Life with BioCentric Lighting” and we are strongly focusing on growth. Currently BrainLit is engaging around 40 people with headquarter in Lund and subsidiaries in New York and Helsinki.
At BrainLit we foster a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange and make sure every employee gets an opportunity to grow within the company. All according to our values: Innovation, Surpassing expectations, and Integrity.